L R Harris & Son is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website (such as submitting an enquiry form), you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We never share your data with third parties except to help us deliver our own services.
We also measure visitors to our website using SiteWit Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about what type of device was used. All that information is anonymous – so we don't get to see who you are; just that a visit was made to our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand for example, what parts of our website attracts the most visitors, how people arrive at our site (from Facebook, Google search, etc) and how long they stay. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
What we collect through contact forms you submit to us
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic & geographic information such as the region from which you are browsing our website, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers (only if you subscribe)
Facebook, and other social networks
These services provide social profile integrations, buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” & “Follow” links
To do so, we embed code that they provide, and we do not control ourselves (apart from adapting to specify design or layout). To function, their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example, Facebook may use show a statement like “Be the first of your friends to like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website if you use their services.
What we do with the information we gather -
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
We may pass your details onto other companies/third parties for warranty purposes/ legal services or transfer of engine/boat ownership – these companies assure us that they are also GDPR compliant.
• To improve our website user experience and for our ongoing website development, including but not limited to moving images, SiteWit Analytics, social media integration & traffic, newsletter subscription, emailed enquiries & referral traffic.
• Internal record keeping - names & addresses will be disposed of three months after the date of the final invoice being settle. (Retained for the three months for HMRC purposes)
• We may use the information to improve L R Harris & Son’s products and services now and, in the future.
CCTV is kept for 90 days only for purposes of crime deterrent & detection.
If you enquire about or sign up for a mooring, take out a hard-standing agreement or enquire on any other service or product from L R Harris & Son, our primary method of contact will be via email. You may change this preference by using the details contained below.
L R Harris & Son may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.